Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unknown Ruins

Andy | Wednesday, April 27, 2011 | Best Blogger Tips


If you hike on the Duffin's Creek trail west of Valley Farm Rd., you will come upon this sight. It's all that remains of a house or cabin that once stood on this spot.


*************************************************




A few hundred feet away you can see this former dam. I can't find any local referrence to these ruins. From what I see, it makes me believe that this was once a lumber mill.


My other photo blog: Eye Candy

1 comment:

  1. I find the ruins of abandoned buildings fascinating. Something about a fireplace standing on its own says that there once was life and laughter and warmth here, and it's now scattered with the wind.

    I like the solitary composition in your photo. It resonates with the current emptiness and abandonment.

    ReplyDelete