Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Mural - Shahab Plaza

Andy | Monday, September 19, 2011 | Best Blogger Tips
Artist: Yannick Pickard. This mural was conceived as the companion mural to Sail On and Fair Well (2009). It was designed for the upper level of a neighbourhood plaza, and painted during the summer of 2010. The mural depicts aspects of the landscape and seasons, with some of the artist's interpretation of iconic Canadian symbols. The Shahab Plaza murals were supported by grants from the City of Toronto.

4 comments:

  1. Cool mural. I'm used to seeing murals that start at street level. So this one is even more interesting since it was designed for the second story. Also like the mixture of businesses and cultures in this building. Anymore murals in town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have discovered more murals than I thought were in my area. Expect a posting every Monday. Your blog got me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodie... I'll be visiting on Mondays... I sure like murals, as Oakland Daily knows... :-) This one is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and cheerful mural!
    Canandians are so creative! ;-)

    ReplyDelete