Friday, January 25, 2013

Ailing Goose

Andy | Friday, January 25, 2013 | Best Blogger Tips

I believe this Canada Goose was not feeling well. I became suspicious when I noticed this one was by it's self. They are famous for travelling in not less than groups of two. There were no others within sight.

******************************************


I had been in the area for about an hour and it was still there. I knew she (he?) had been there for awhile because of the stain on the snow caused by the birds droppings. I feel sorry for the bird but this is nature taking it's course.

5 comments:

  1. By your observation and narration, sounds sad !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder in the spectrum of things does their instinct tell them 'its time' and therefore they stay back? Poor little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear.
    We had a lone goose who would appear every spring on his/her own for years after its mate died. I didn't see him last year and have feared the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor guy, nature works just fine but, sometimes, it can be cruel according to our standards. This reminds me of several situations regarding big mammals I've witnessed in Africa. Heartbreaking but that's the way it is.

    ReplyDelete