Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Mural - Glovers Stable

Andy | Monday, February 25, 2013 | Best Blogger Tips

Artist: Todd Tremeer. This mural depicts the thriving business of William Glover's Livery & Boarding Stable which operated at the mural's location thru the 1800's up until his death in 1911. Mr. Glover's stage bus is seen departing from this very laneway. The stage service was vital link between the Grand Ttunk Railway and shops of Bowmanville. This mural was made possible by Swan Signs and King Street Bar & Grill. I'm linking to Monday Mural.

8 comments:

  1. Great mural Andy. This kind of murals keeps the history alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice mural, he is a real artist to paint with so much details.The horses look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it -- terrfic way to remind people of the town's history. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can practically smell the manure! ;) Made me think of the TV show Deadwood. If you've ever watched it I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I say it gave me a new appreciation for paved streets and sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these "old timey" murals which bring those days alive.
    Erin from Two to Travel's Viewfinder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Andy. I have just found a mural in Weston that commemorates the Grand Trunk Railway passing through there - will post it in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always find such nice murals Andy. I need to get out and about in Ontario a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed that a local business decided to sponsor a mural about a long gone chapter of local history. Finely done too. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete