Monday, December 16, 2013

Doors

Andy | Monday, December 16, 2013 | Best Blogger Tips

Sometimes I don't know why I stop and photograph something like these doors. My eyes say to me... "Andy, get that camera up to your face and photograph what you are seeing." This following quote from Elliott Erwitt, photographer, helps me understand what is going through my mind.
"Good visual sense probably can't be taught, not at a profound level. It’s eye, but it’s also heart. I believe I have a good visual sense of other people’s pictures yet sometimes I don't really see my own pictures right away. Years later, after I've passed over stuff and thought nothing of it, I look again and see that some of it is pretty good (or that some of what I thought was good is pretty lousy.) I just hadn't recognized it yet. Boy, I wish I knew why that was. Did I change? Did the pictures change?”

4 comments:

  1. I take things like that from a documentation poit of view, the place may be ripped down next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photos! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the textures of the peeling paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that a good visual sense is probably innate. I help people pick out eyeglasses and I walk over to our large selection and pick the perfect one the first time about 90% of the time. I can also scrapbook and hang pictures without rulers or levels and have a "feel" for what will make a photograph look right. No one taught me any of it.

    ReplyDelete